Today we had our carpets cleaned & had gymnastics tonight. Translation, we had to be out of the house until it was time to eat and then rush the boys upstairs so they didn’t get soaked by the sopping wet clean carpets (which the cleaner hilariously called “cool to the touch” HA!). This led to the easiest meal ever…chicken taco meat in a crock-pot. Since this is a make-ahead meal my little chef wasn’t involved in the prep but he LOVES topping his tortillas…and eating lots of cheese along the way :). For our tiny one I just rinsed off the chicken a little to make sure it wasn’t too spicy and he chowed down. If your kiddos aren’t loving tacos it’s super easy to throw together a quesadilla using all the toppings you already have ready to go making this a meal everyone will enjoy!
Crock-pot chicken tacos
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast per person
- 1 can of Rotel or your favorite salsa
- Taco seasoning
Taco stuff – anything you want. Here’s what we used:
- Tortillas (corn or flour will do)
- Shredded cheese
- Guacamole (we live off the Good Foods Chunky Tableside from Costco)
- Hot sauce
- Sour cream
- Place the chicken breasts in the crock-pot
- Sprinkle taco seasoning on chicken
- Dump can of Rotel/salsa on top
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. If you can, shred chicken one hour before serving to let it soak up the juices. Don’t be tempted to add more liquid!
- Add your meat to your tortilla of choice and add fixings!
I recommend serving with tongs to avoid extra liquid in your tacos – not a good mix!
- 2 oz. Tierras Reposado Tequila
- 3/4 oz. Cointreau
- 3/4 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 oz. fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 oz. simple syrup
- Add all ingredients to tin. Add ice, shake vigorously, and double-strain into lowball, rimmed with salt if desired
- Garnish with a lime and orange